Preview in Google Books
This manual is the ultimate guide to pest management for strawberries. Whether you’re a commercial grower or a home gardener, this manual is for you.
Using this manual you’ll learn how to prevent and diagnose causes of damage; identify pests and key natural enemies; establish an IPM program for your field; manage problems related to irrigation, nutrition, and the growing environment; and determine when direct control actions are necessary. This revised manual also includes chapters on strawberry transplant production and managing pests in home garden strawberries.
New in the Second Edition:
Contains over 100 pages of color photographs; 56 line drawings and charts that will help you identify over 90 important pests and disorders.
- 70 additional color photographs
- Colorful line drawings
- A chapter devoted to strawberry nursery propagation and production of bare-root transplants
- Season-by-season list of important management activities
- 8 additional pests and disorders
- An easy to use, comprehensive index